Friday, March 14, 2014

When I was young, we would bring my grandmother on some of our family trips. Many times, she would hand me a book filled with pictures that had purposely misplaced items within them.  With each picture, you were to scan over the items and then decided whether something was misplaced, disordered, reversed, or had nothing no place within the image.  I came across an old picture in a memory box the other day. Many times when when playing this game, you were to find about 22 items that were incorrect within the image.  I thought of how strange it was that many times when she first handed me the photo my mind was so quick to compensating for the mistakes within it that often times they would remain “hidden” to me.

Let me ask you a question? If I were to ask you to quickly name off 10 things that are not going well for you, wouldn’t you be able to do this within less than a couple of minutes? Probably.  Why do I bring this up this question?  Honestly, I think we don’t spend enough time, at points in our life, focused on what’s going well.

Rather than keeping a running tally of all the things that are right in our life, we tally up what’s wrong.  Instead of allowing a growing list of “thank you’s” to be mounting upon our lips for the Lord, we begin our morning prayers with a list of what’s wrong.  Life is not stress free.  My family is facing more than one difficulty in our lives right now, but to remain in a state of constant focus upon it, or to remain in a state where I am in constant search for yet another mistake within my life, serves no real purpose. Do we ignore the trials in our lives?  No, we can’t, but to let them become our primary focus is to missout on so much of life’s joy.  Try to begin a running talley of the good in your life, okay at first it might be harder to find, but a perspective change will aid you in this search.


When I would be doing those picture search pages that I spoke of above I would often reach a dead end about four away from finding them all.  Often times, I would decide to put the image away from my eyes for a few minutes and then revisit it.  When I would return to looking at the picture, I often times was able to very quickly identify the remaining 4 items. Why? Due to perspective.  I feel that perspective plays and enormous part in our lives. Some of the difficulties within our lives now are actually helping us to grow…they just don’t feel like it right now.  God’s blessing you all this evening. Pastor Daniella https://twitter.com/PastorDaniella  http://pastordaniellaministries.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment