Tuesday, September 3, 2013

From Pastor Daniella. Minister of MyAlabasterBox.org Hidden Within the Details: I remember when I was growing up, I had an adult tell me that Jesus can't be bothered with the details of my life. I remember thinking, "But....He's Jesus! If there is ANYONE that should be bothering with the details of my life, isn't it Jesus?" For a time, I took their opinion as truth. After all, there are so many people in need of Jesus on this Earth. Why would Jesus want to bother with the small details of my life? After a bit, I started to feel these details in my life were holding me captive. The only release, to invite Jesus into all the details of my life. Hidden within the details of our daily life, is a deeper relationship waiting to take place with Jesus. The Bible (Rev. 22:13) assures that Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega. Matthew 10:29 also informs us that God is fully aware of every sparrow that falls to the Earth in a given day. These scriptures, in my opinion, inform me that from the beginning to the end, and every detail between I am to be in involving Jesus into my life. Are you by chance still thinking this is a bit silly? Think of some of the roles that you may play in your daily life. Are you a parent, a boss, an employee, a business owner, or a homeowner? Why do I ask these questions? Well, in these circumstances, and many others, we have wanted every detail of what was taking place. If you are a parent, you need to know the details of where you kids are going, or if they are sick, how to care for them. As those in the work force, we have to involve details in our daily decisions. Bought a house? You needed to know how much to put down, what your payments, your interest rate will be. You probably did research in where you would live and whether you were getting a good price for your house. The details are not something we as humans ignore when it involves areas of life that matter to us. We matter to Jesus, each detail from the beginning to the end. How do we take the step into involving Jesus into the details? Well, if you haven't been doing it as of yet, the onset will be met with some awkwardness. You will probably feel a nudging in your mind to think, "Okay, honestly...do you think Jesus cares?" Pressing this thinking down will be an area where you will need to remain active. The Bible is offered to us a truth. Assuring yourself through scriptures that Jesus is interested, is just very helpful. You can start involving Jesus in the details of your life immediately. Invite Him to your life right where you sit. Ask Him to involve Himself into your daily needs, desires, excitements, sorrows.... Are you about to take a test for school, ask Him to help you implement what you have learned. Are you about to take a vacation? Ask Him to be a part of the details in the vacation. What about your interactions with people for the day? Ask Him to help you see the needs of the people that are around you and that you would be a blessing to them. Going to the grocery store later? What about asking Him to go before you and help feed your family. I too have to fight down the thoughts in me that creep up telling me that it is silly to ask for Jesus to come into my life in such a detailed manner, but every time that I allow myself to let Him in to the details of my life, I am met with more peace and aided with more help from Jesus. Pastor Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment