Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Seeing Fear for What It Is

Many of us have fear that seeks to devour us.  Not fearing seems as impossible as not taking in air in the next few minutes.  Fear is so integrated into daily life.  It is used as a management tactic, a manipulator, a motivator, a deterrent... I grew up with fear in my daily life.  In fact, fear is one of the strongest emotions of my childhood and teen life.  Due to this, I became very casual in my perspective towards the damage it was truly causing in my life. 
I decided that if I was ever going to get to a point where I could truly love life, I would have to allow Jesus to reconstruct my heart to stop seeing the fear in everything, and instead see His glorious power first.  With Jesus, I am learning to reset the course of my life.  You see, through allowing Jesus to be the Lord in my heart, I am able to start living out of a victory in my life, rather than an undercurrent of fear driven actions. 
What did it look like when I started to allow Jesus into the reality of the fear inside me?  I knelt down one day, and told Him that no matter how hard I fought at it, fear always seemed to have rule in my life.  I spoke to Him of just how tired I was, physically, mentally, emotionally... I was at the end of myself.  Will it look the same for you when you turn your life's fear over to Him, I have no idea, but I do know that however it comes about, it will be freeing. 

Through this act of turning fear over, Peace has become so real to me now.  The Peace of Jesus has provided perspective, and that is more powerful in my life than Fear ever was. Pastor Daniella http://pastordaniellaministries.weebly.com/index.html  http://pastordaniellapeaceapplieddaily.weebly.com/  https://twitter.com/pastordaniella

No comments:

Post a Comment