Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Aren’t there times in your life when you wish you could see the entire staircase prior to taking the first step? I know that I have often wished this of life. Yet in this lifetime, we are called to start seeing with the “eyes” of the Lord long before we start seeing with our eyes. My daughter was given an acting instruction recently in her drama class. They asked her to see if she could quickly familiarize herself with a particular room and then once blindfolded be able to perform a couple of simple tasks within that space. At the completion of the exercise she said that she was taken back at how quickly her other senses had become the master control of her mind, rather than her site. I would like to use this exercise to as life application for us. We are being challenge in life to learn how to live more out of what the Bible shows us to be more trustworthy senses: Faith, Hope, His Promises to us, His Love for us…than we do the situational evidence that all is going to work out for the betterment of us. I have spoken many times of the difficulties that anxiety has inflicted in my life. When difficulties present themselves I used to go pieces over the matter. I am learning, through the Grace of God, that I don’t have to lose Peace just because I can’t SEE how a situation will in fact work out. Instead, I am learning to ignore what my sight tells me and instead trust my other senses: Faith, Hope, His Promises, His Love. Trusting well before there is evidence to the matter---not the easiest thing I have worked on in life, but I continue to strive to apply it better daily. I am learning that the less I feed my fears and anxieties, their reign within my heart dwindles. I am a work in progress, but aren’t we all. God be praised for all He does for each of us! I pray this message is anointed to help you this evening. Pastor Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment