Monday, February 24, 2014

Peace seems an allusive friend throughout most of life, doesn’t it? What seemingly sets out to be a peaceful day seems to quickly unravel at the onset of frustrating circumstances. For years, I would live in such temporary peace. I felt as if I were on a roller coaster. As long as life’s circumstances were meeting my expectations, I felt at Peace, but the moment that a situation presented itself less than ideal, I would feel my Peace take a down turn. It took me many years to start seeing that I was living with a mindset that Peace was circumstantially based. When I first came to this reality, I almost argued with myself on the matter. I honestly didn’t see why circumstantial peace was such a bad idea. After all, when frustrating circumstances are taking place in life, aren’t we supposed to react to them? I mean, this is all that I had ever seen emulated, so to think anything less than that was a foreign thought. I then started to be led by God to see what His Peace looks like. I started to understand that Peace from Jesus wasn’t anchored in anything to do with my circumstances meeting up with my expectations, but more rather it was anchored in the love that He has for me. Tomorrow, I will speak on how I started learning to apply the Peace of Christ to the difficult situations of my life. Until then, I pray you have a blessed evening. Pastor Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment