Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Romans 8:31 If God is for us, who can be against us. I think that this scripture can be read and never really taken in for what it should mean to our thinking. We live in a world where if one person loves you, another hates you. If you’ve found favor in the eyes of the masses, there are always those willing to speak against you. The scripture tells us that “If God is for us, who can be against us?” At a quick glance, we could read this scripture and think? “Well, I am constantly finding myself on the losing end of someone looking on me unfavorably. So why does this scripture have any weight in our lives? Honestly, it is due the content of what the scripture is unveiling to us about where the focus of our approval should be sought from. “If God is for us”…this part of the scripture is your clue as to where all your importance should be placed, on God. In other words- Since the Lord God is FOR ME...WHAT does it matter if anyone is either For me or Against Me. I have all the approval that I need wrapped up in the knowledge that my Lord God is in full approval of me. When we allow the scripture to pierce into the fiber of our daily lives, we find a soundness of mind takes place. Where doubt of self used to reign, an empowerment is birthed from the understanding that God is for us. Where we derive our source of strength from is very important in life. If we are going to allow the opinions of others more validity in our lives than God’s view point, we will live out our days in nothing less than a roller coaster existence. Our emotion will never find stable ground. Stability will come from one understanding in life. You are God’s, He loves you, and “If God is for you, who can be against you?” Romans 8:31 Pastor Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment