Wednesday, November 20, 2013

When the Pain of Life Starts Losing its Power

The pains of our past put great effort trying to write the pages of what our future will look like. 

I had tried for years to move on past the pain of my earlier life.  I thought if I just mustered enough will power towards the pain, and shoving it deep within me, that it would never again raise its ugly head.  I was wrong.  What I ended up forming inside myself was a barricade. Determined to allow no one to hurt me again in life, I placed myself in the middle of the barricade walls and attempted to live my life.

At first glance, you would have thought this idea was working for me, but then my barricade started to crumble. No matter how hard I worked to rebuild it, it seemed in a constant state of decay.  I couldn't understand what was taking place in my life.  I had become very good at living within my walls.  Why was it now that things were changing?

The difference, Jesus had made it past my barricade and was showing me the love that He was offering me in my life. This love was one that I couldn't turn away.  His love was different.  Instead of Him coming to list all that was wrong with me, He offered me comfort.  Instead of Him rubbing my nose in all I had failed to move past in my life, He saddled up beside me and allowed me to see I was loved "AS IS".  

The more I accepted that His love was different than what I had been offered in life, the more a difference took place in my heart.  The memories of the pain were still present, but somehow the need to focus on them was lessening.  Slowly I was much more preoccupied with the Love of Jesus for my life than I was of the pains caused.

The Lord Jesus is a healer, but He seeks to heal you to fullness, if for the first time in your life.  He doesn't just carelessly aid His followers with some band-aid fix.  Instead, He comes to the corners of life where you are hiding and starts LOVING you out.  

We serve a loving, mighty Lord. I will eternally be humbled and grateful for all He is doing in my life. https://twitter.com/pastordaniella   http://pastordaniellaministries.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment