Thursday, December 12, 2013

A book, a spread sheet-seemingly a mile long-lay before me. Written within this book, each time that I had fallen short of where I needed to be, the numerous wrongs I have committed, whether intentional or accidental, they are all written within these pages. My eyes read down this list…so long, so embarrassing, so numerous and at the end of the book, I see written in pen- I don’t keep records of your wrongs. Of course, there is no book like this, but I say these things in order to make a point. We look over our life’s story and our mind drifts to focus on all of the wrongs committed and feel that these wrongs will eternally keep us from being a pleasure to Jesus. Yet this is just not true. But this feeling of inadequacy quickly strips us of a relationship that Jesus is waiting to have with us. We do sin, each of us, and we shouldn’t want to have this in our lives, but it is. I think what saddens the Lord more than the sin is that we allow the sin to keep us from His love because we consider ourselves unlovable. The Lord’s desire is to share in a life with us. Don’t allow a list of wrongs that have already been wiped clean by the Lord’s blood, to keep you from the full relationship that the Lord wants with you. Trust me, Jesus isn’t focused on it, why should you be? Pastor Daniella https://Twitter.com/PastorDaniella

No comments:

Post a Comment