Monday, December 2, 2013

You are loved-As Is. This statement seems a lie, doesn’t it? After all, so many of us have been loved based on performance, or lack thereof. A battle takes place within-a struggle- to believe that we are loved by Jesus Christ in the state in which we are found…it seems the making of a great let down. We’ve all loved and lost. We’ve all wished only to have that diminished. What one of us hasn’t believed only to have the belief seem to make a fool out of you? These events of life can easily become the building blocks by which a foundation of beliefs about Jesus is formed. Too quickly we place the discouragements brought on by the failures of others in our lives to Jesus. Jesus loves NOT as others do. The love of Jesus Christ is WHOLE upon presentation. Jesus does not offer love only to receive it back. He IS LOVE! He offers the entirety of what Love is and in return only makes one request…. Please believe that my love is ALL YOU NEED. I remember the first time that my daughter got her heart broken over a difficult event in her life. I sat at the table with her, held her hands and asked her to look into my eyes. I told her of my love for her and that NO matter what took place in her life that I would never change the love I had to offer for her. I tried to help her see that the opinions of how others saw her would never be the foundation of how I would see her. My attempt at a comparison does fall quiet short seeing as He is the Almighty Lord Jesus, and I am merely a human, but I hope you can see the reason for the example. We are loved by Jesus by a self-sustained love. He doesn’t wait around for your actions OR the opinions of others to dictate to Him how He is going to see you. Instead, He arms Himself in love and then offers it freely. I have said it before, but it warrants the repetition, one of the GREATEST harms of life is that many people have NEVER experienced the REAL love that Jesus Christ has died to offer you. Tonight, just for practice, say to yourself….I am loved by Jesus Christ. Not for WHAT I do, but for the MERE fact that HE WANTS TO LOVE ME! Broken, addicted, betrayed, heart sick, confused…..there is not a state of emotions that you find yourself in that the Lord Jesus isn’t willing to BE love for you. The largest step forward that you can take is to just believe in the LOVE. Whether you can understand Why the Lord would want to love you makes no difference to the reality of what He offers you. Personal Note: I’ve been there. Broken and in desperate need for repair. The Lord Jesus’ love has saved my life in more than one way. Pastor Daniella Https://Twitter.com/pastordaniella or follow my webpage: http://pastordaniellaministries.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment