Wednesday, January 15, 2014

This is a short blog this evening. But, something has been on my mind today. I have been thinking of validity of our fear towards the Lord Jesus being involved in all areas of our lives. So many of us surrender to Jesus the easy things of life, but guard, with great protection, those areas of life where we’ve been caused the most pain. Convinced that Jesus couldn’t possibly understand just how HURT we truly are, we keep the Lord at arm’s length treating Him as if we feel that the same cruel uncaring heart of the people that we’ve encountered could possibly be housed within our Lord. I’ve been guilty of this action in my own life. The hurt of my child/teen life so evidently alive within my heart… I was sure that I could never truly trust the Lord with those pains. Then I started to read the Bible differently. I saw the Bible as a trusted friend who was unfolding through dialogue the Heart of my Lord and King. Not just an act of healing came out of the Lord, but the act of mercy, love, compassion, tenderness… Not just a man walking to the cross for my sins, but truly a man so determined to never again allow something to separate Him from those He loved, that He would lay His life down as an offering of eternal binding that could never again be broken. I truly started falling in love with Jesus. I became so humbled by the Love that I found within Him. I started to slowly allow the pains of my heart open to the Lord. Of course He had always known what they were, but the act that I was offering was that of involving Him. I asked Him if the same love that He offered to others could be applied to the pain that lived deep within me. Through this act, I have started to feel healing in my life. Are the painful memories still there? Sure…but the pain is not my focus anymore-the Lord’s love is. Blessings--Daniella.

No comments:

Post a Comment